MyLifetimeHealth

What's the difference between a copayment, deductible & coinsurance?  

COPAYMENT: flat dollar amount a patient pays to see their provider. Most  insurance cards will list your copay, and it will generally be less to see a Primary Care doctor, rather than a specialist. For example: If your copay to see your PCP is $15, your specialist copay may be $25.

DEDUCTIBLE: is a set dollar amount a patient with a high deductible plan would pay out of pocket for medical services before the insurance company makes a payment.

COINSURANCE: the portion of the cost of covered services which is the responsibility of the subscriber/insurance policy holder.  Usually the insurance company pays 80% of the total cost of the visit, and  the subscriber is responsible for the remaining 20%.


Payment Policies

COPAYMENTS: will be collected at the time of your visit.  For Urgent Care visits where we cannot verify the copayment amount at the time of the visit, we will collect a $25 copayment. You will be notified of any refund or balance due once the claim is processed by your insurance company.

DEDUCTIBLES: Beginning April 1, 2015, an $85 deposit will be collected at the time of your visit toward any remaining deductible amount after verification with your insurance company. You will be notified of any refund or balance due once the claim is processed by your insurance company.

SPLIT VISITS: Insurance companies consider physical or annual exams to be preventive exams and not intended to treat chronic conditions or evaluate new problems. If issues beyond preventive care are addressed by your provider at the time of this exam, additional charges or copayments may apply. 

COPIES OF MEDICAL RECORDS: require a signed consent to release the medical record and are provided to the patient and/or designee at $0.75 per page, as permitted by New York State law. 

NON SUFFICIENT FUNDS (RETURNED CHECKS): are subject to a $20.00 administrative fee. After two returned checks, we will no longer accept checks as a form of payment.  

OUTSTANDING BALANCES: Patients who have been dismissed or left our practice and have outstanding balances may return to a LHMG practice only when all balances are paid in full.


Payment Options

As a Lifetime Health Medical Group patient, several payment options and plans are available to you if you are unable to pay your balance in full at the time of service.

BUDGET PLANS: If you cannot pay your balance in full at the time of service, we are happy to help you set up a budget payment plan* with bi-weekly or monthly installments. Additional balances added to budget plan after initial set up do not raise the amount of your installments. *Accounts that have already been turned over to a collection agency are not eligible for budget payment plans.

DISCOUNTS: In some cases, discounts may be offered on your outstanding balance. Please call the business office at the number listed below to speak with a patient representative for more information.

For questions or additional information, we encourage you to contact our Patient Business Services team toll-free at:

For Buffalo area patients:  1-800-585-1270
For Rochester area patients:  1-800-582-4117